Don’t Look Back #2: Know His Worth

“Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”- Philippians 3:12-14

I shared in the last post how following God comes at cost and it is hard. Following Christ’s call for us to do full time ministry has been good in so many ways, but also hard for me.

In it, I believe God is teaching me a beautiful truth: We can leave “home” joyfully, appreciating that beautiful season and gift of living there, and knowing that HE is my real treasure, refuge, and rest. Oh how I battle to rest in Him fully and give up this  hold onto the past. Yet I am seeing so much more how very real and near and wonderful Jesus is through my struggle. It’s true that in His presence is the fullness of peace and joy. HE is the One who has taken me from there to here and will take us wherever we may go from here, for His glory and our good. He is always with me, guiding me, and sustaining me. Always. Everywhere.

Here are some beautiful lessons He is teaching me in this.

Lesson 1:
 “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”- 2 Corinthians 4:18

If I love this world and I look to temporal things for what only God can give, I’m missing it. HE is my joy and hope and peace. He is the precious gift and living here and experiencing His good gifts is an opportunity to live knowing they are not all there is… and leaving those good gifts to follow Him shows others that He is truly ALL in all.

“But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.  Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him-Philippians 3:7-9a

to be continued….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Homeschool is all over the home

A Fallen Idol- one man's sin exposed my own

Because I Forget...