Be Transformed Post #2: But I Hate Mornings...

“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you? Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.”- Luke 6:46-49

Trials will come and do come. Where I’m planted is how I’m prepped for them. The foundation of the house is built before the house. Before marriage and kids, Jesus planted and rooted Himself in me, but now how can I apply that? 


I believe it’s to start my day BEFORE they are awake, planting my self in the Word and prayer so that by the time anyone else is awake, I’m firmly rooted in Christ’s love for me, established in remembering/applying  the gospel today in daily life, and ready to serve and share with each of them.


I start by going to bed at a reasonable hour the night before. Yup- my “quiet time” starts the night before by getting enough sleep that I can get up. This used to be hard for Andy, but as he saw my heart change as a result, he now encourages me each evening to go lay down.


I set my alarm and beg God to help me get up when it will go off. He does daily. I have a small light and my Bible next to my bed and I just roll over and grab them. Some days it’s duty, others a delight, but daily I seek Him first and it feels like such a HUGE win!!! 


This planting daily has lead to a renewed hunger and thirst for Him. Somedays nap time is spent praying and listening to sermons, or at night Andy and I study the Word or read great books to spur us more in Christ. It has become a model to my children and I'm prepared to share with them daily.


I'll share more of the fruit of this small (yet hard to put in action at first) step in my next several posts, but today let me encourage you as you read this- You need to be planted in His Word. If you aren't already daily being transformed by the renewal if your mind then take this step to start a daily time with Him. Dig down deep and ask Him to help you obey Him by starting each day in His Word and prayer.

Comments

Megan said…
Ginny, I love what you said about quiet time starting the night before when you go to bed at a reasonable hour. What a good reminder! I love how in Jewish tradition the beginning of the day starts at sun-down. Wouldn't it be great if we all had that mindset?

Popular posts from this blog

When Homeschool is all over the home

A Fallen Idol- one man's sin exposed my own

Because I Forget...