God doesn't tally up my sin

I've been planted in Psalm 130 as God reminds me again and again of His gracious love for me. Here are some particular gems I've gleaned in chunks:

"Out of the depths I cry to you, O LordO Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!"- The Psalmist is SO aware of his own sin. That's how I've been feeling. I'm so aware and yet unable to pull out of it.

"If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared."- It's true. None of us is good enough. I know that. Yet, this week it's like I totally forgot I can't earn Him and felt guilt instead of freedom. Yet, reading this, I'm filled again with joy that He forgives me and is not tallying up my sin at all. I'm totally forgiven:)

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;"- I can't do it, but He is doing a work in me. My struggle in sin is becoming a sweet reminder to rest and wait for Him. And I'm seeing how true this verse is- His word brings hope. I'm reminded of His love and faithfulness again and again as I plant myself in His Word in this weak time in my walk with Him.

"my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning." Watchmen knew the morning was coming and I'm sure they waited anxiously until it did and they could be done with their super stressful job of watching to see if anyone was coming to attack the city. I'm learning to wait with more- with a joyful expectation for God, knowing He is coming. And this fight against sin will end. So for now I keep pressing on until then, looking not at my sin, but towards Jesus. Expecting Him. He alone is my rest and my hope.

"O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities."- YES! God has redeemed ALL that my sin has destroyed. Every. last. thing. What a packed promise! What a sweet reminder that my hope is in my God, who forgives fully and then restores fully. Wow.  I'm still fighting my sin. But I'm fighting in His strength and with full hope that He has already redeemed it through Jesus. He is just so good:)

Comments

Ginny, I wrote a poem called "It Became to Me a Dark Thing" that you might like. You can find it on my blog here: http://virginiaknowles.blogspot.com/2010/07/it-became-to-me-dark-thing-poem.html

Popular posts from this blog

When Homeschool is all over the home

A Fallen Idol- one man's sin exposed my own

Because I Forget...