They knew Jerry Springer, but not Jesus.

"how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”... So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ."
In college, a friend showed me a map of the world that was color coded. I was shocked when I saw the large area (called the 10-40 window because of the latitude and longitude lines there) of people who had never even heard the name of Jesus. And there was no one to go tell them. I was heart broken. We went to a conference and learned that some missionaries were rising up to go- I gave immediately to support them. I have prayed daily for those places and people since then. 
Panama-sharing the love of the Father with boys who don't know love
A few years ago, Andy and I felt called to do more than give, but to actually go. We took the Jesus Film to a group of people who had NEVER heard the name Jesus. I was amazed that even in extreme poverty and in the middle of a huge desert, people crowded around satellite tvs and watched old American tv shows. We laughed that Chuck Norris was popular there. But one night, as I passed a group of teens, they turned and started chanting "Jerry. Jerry." They were watching Jerry Springer. They knew the name Jerry Springer and not the name of Jesus. My heart broke open and I begged God to let us be a part, in any way, of taking His name where it is not known. He answered by calling us into the Jesus Film studio full time. Andy works in post production, where we seek to translate the film (the script is the book of Luke) to give every person, everywhere a chance to see and hear Jesus in his/her "heart" language.


Africa-In the Sahara desert sharing about Jesus 
A few weeks ago, we heard from our Cru president that 511 (or 80%) of previously unreached and unengaged people groups (meaning no one was even trying to reach them) have been engaged over the last 6 years through our work in partnership with other like minded missionary organizations/churches... How awesome is THAT!?! Praying and pressing on to the next 128!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Homeschool is all over the home

A Fallen Idol- one man's sin exposed my own

Because I Forget...