Give your life, your family, everything. RUN after the nations with urgency!


This week, David Platt shared with our Cru staff. God used him to revive us in such cool ways. He encouraged us as we faced harsh and untrue criticism from media, he reminded us where our hope and worth are- Jesus/the gospel, and then he charged us to leave and GO and continue to preach Jesus to the nations. What a sweet and timely gift from God to us. I hope to blog on all God's teaching me and Andy, but today, let me just post a few notes I took:

Isaiah 6
 1.We serve an incomprehensible great God!
I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory!” And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.

2.We have infinitely offended a holy God
And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”
When we think God is too harsh in his punishment we have a man-centered perspective on sin.

3.We have a scandalously merciful Savior
Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.”
-God drank the whole wrath of God, turned it over, and yelled "It is finished!" Does God hate sinners? Look at the cross. Does God love sinners? LOOK. AT. THE. CROSS.

4.We have an indescribably urgent mission!
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
This gospel beckons us to lay down EVERYTHING to say “How can I make this gospel known to the ends of the earth?” Give your life, your family, everything. RUN after the nations with urgency! Do this with a humble realization that you have been invited to this by this God- not because He needs us, but because He loves us.

Amen! Pressing on to the nations as we're renewed by His love and mercy. God is so amazingly good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Homeschool is all over the home

A Fallen Idol- one man's sin exposed my own

Because I Forget...