Friday, February 11, 2011
Daily Life: Say “ I Love You”
“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.”- 1 John 4:7
I've been thinking a lot about how we are called to build one another up in love and spur each other on towards Christ. Sometimes I think we get caught up in ourselves and miss it.
Yet, I've been so spurred on at times when people have encouraged me intentionally. And sometimes just encouraging others brings such joy and excitement for God as well.
I want to encourage you to tell people that you love them and some reasons why. As I know more and more how God loves me, it should compel me to love others. One of the simplest ways we show love to others is by telling them! I believe we can do this in big ways and small.
1) Say “I love you. And I’m thankful that you….” when you see him/her.
2) Make a short list of things you love about each family member and read it in person to immediate family and send it in cards and emails to extended family.
3) Call (or send a text, facebook message, or e-mail) affirming something specific you’ve recently noticed about the person
4) Send a card and write in it something you appreciate about the person and sign that you love them
5) Pray for them when they come to mind and then tell them you did
Will you take this challenge with me and share with someone that you love them and God loves them even more?
I’d love to hear creative ways you’ve shared that you love someone. Or share about someone who impacted you when they told you they love you. Leave a comment with your story below!