My friend Virginia Knowles has a wealth of knowledge and love for Christ and does an awesome job pointing her kids to Jesus. She shared many of her Christmas traditions on her blog and I found our weekly "look back and see Jesus" time there. She shared an awesome and simple 4 night family advent blogpost. You could do this in a four day period or once a week over four weeks.
We just did #1 this week- learning about Immanuel, "God with us" and being reminded by the Christmas lights in our neighborhood that Jesus is the light that pierced through the darkness. It has been both meaningful and FUN! You should go look at all four family nights and be blessed.
|Lights reminding us the "Light of the World" has come!|
Here's week #1:
- Isaiah 7:10-14 – Immanuel promised
- Isaiah 9:2, 6-7 -- darkness and light, a child shall be born, Wonderful Counselor
- Isaiah 53:10-12 -- the suffering Savior
- Isaiah 61:1-3 – the ministry of the Messiah
- Matthew 1:18-25 – Immanuel comes