He Is Risen #5- How eternal life sounds to a 2 year old

I think it's important to talk through Scripture my kids are exposed to, see what they are learning, and explain concepts I think may be hard to grasp. 


When Jimmy was 2 1/2, he was fascinated by the cross in the middle of the entryway at our church and often asked me to tell him about why Jesus had to die. I was sharing how those who believe in Christ’s death and resurrection by faith can live forever with God. Then I said, “Have you ever heard people say that Jesus gives us eternal life? Because Jesus is eternal, through Him now we can be too” 


After a minute of silence (where I assumed I went too deep and he lost interest) Jimmy spoke up and said, “Mommy, Jesus is NOT a turtle!” Ha! I guess “eternal” and “a turtle” do sound alike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Homeschool is all over the home

A Fallen Idol- one man's sin exposed my own

Because I Forget...